10 August 2009

When you come to a fork in the road . . . Ben's excellent adventure starts now!

I have just left my long-term job as an audio/video sales reprentative to focus on a life and career of music, education, and travel. My recent trip to Vietnam opened my eyes to the possibilities of playing music and teaching across the country and the world, working with a variety of people, languages, and cultures. I renewed my teaching certificate over the winter and am developing an English as a Second Language Through Music curriculum. This fall I will be substitute teaching, working with the national organization Guitars in the Classroom teaching guitar to educators and their students, producing a recruitment music video for the Michigan State University Visiting International Professionals Program, and teaching children’s songwriting and beginning guitar for Lansing Parks and Recreation. In addition, I will be expanding my performance schedule with the band Mystic Shake, the duo Blue Jello, and as a solo singer/songwriter. Travel along with me and keep track of my various adventures here and through my Facebook page (www.facebook.com/benhassenger), it should be quite the journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment